Things to Do and See in Queenstown for Summer..
As one of New Zealand's most scenic destinations, Queenstown is the perfect place for your summer holiday destination. Whether its the wineries, great walks and hikes, or adrenaline Queenstown simply has something to offer every traveller.
We've created a list of our top recommended activities for any family or adventurer coming to Queenstown this summer.
Family and Leisure Activities:
1. Skyline Queenstown - Take a gondola ride up to a panoramic restaurant and bar. Enjoy authentic Maori performances and race your friends with a luge ride down.
2. The TSS Earnslaw - Board a cruise across Lake Wakatipu on iconic coal fired steamship the TSS Earnslaw. Enjoy the breath taking views from the water and have a snack or drink while aboard. This historical ship also offers a trip to the Walter Peak High Country Farm where you can enjoy a barbeque lunch.
3. Kiwi Birdlife Park - Take a tour around the five acre Kiwi Birdlife Park to observe New Zealand's most spectacular winged animals. The park also offers the chance to get close to the famous alpine parrot of New Zealand, the Kea.
1. Otago Wineries - Enjoy the tastes and views of over seventy five different wineries in Central Otago. Try the award winning flavours of an Otago Pinot Noir. Experience the flavours which make Otago famous worldwide.
2. Great Walks and Hikes - To view the beauty of the Central Otago the best way is often by foot. There are hundreds of great walks and hikes which offer any tourist those picture perfect views and a true nature experience. You don't have to go far to find any of these treks as there are great trails located right in Queenstown. These include Queenstown Hill, Ben Lomond, Moke Lake Loop, Bob's Cove, and Lake Alta.
3. Gold Panning in Arrowtown - If you're feeling lucky and have a passion for history make your way to Arrowtown and try to find gold in the Arrow River. Dudley's Cottage offers three different packages for this experience and finding gold is a guarantee.
1. The Nevis Bungy Jump, Canyon Swing and Catapult - Feel yourself fall 134M through the air on the highest bungy in New Zealand. As it is world renowned this activity is the top item on every travellers bucket list. Test your fear of heights and see if you will make the jump at AJ Hackett this summer.
2. Nzone Skydive Queenstown - Take a dive from 9,000 ft up to 15,000 ft and free fall from an aeroplane above Queenstown. Queenstown is simply an amazing place to try tandem sky diving for the first time, and if you're experienced in diving you can be sure to never find views quite like these!
3. Jet Boating - A thrill seeking activity which is also family friendly. Experience the speed of a powerful jet boat as you are taken through the rivers and canyons surrounding Queenstown. Not only is it a exhilarating experience but it is also a great way to see more of Lake Wakatipu and the surrounding rivers which not all tours can offer.
Enjoy Queenstown this summer and create memories that will last a lifetime!